Cook Quinoa ahead of time.
20 to 25 minutes
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• 6 large eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
• 2/3 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
• 2/3 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
• 2/3 cup chopped onion
•1 teaspoon dried thyme
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 cup nonstick muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray.
2. Lightly sauté vegetables in a teaspoon of oil.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl, then stir in all ingredients. Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until edges brown and the tops are firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes.
For a veggie-rich muffin, add up to a cup of each of the vegetables.
These are delicious hot from the oven or re-warmed in the microwave for 20 seconds.