Chill: 24 hours
2 1/2 cups
1 package fresh, rinsed cranberries
1 washed,unpeeled orange or 2 unpeeled clementines, cut into pieces
2 tsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
Sweeten to taste with Truvia, Stevia, or Monk Fruit - non-calorie natural sweetner
1. Place the orange pieces in a food processor. Cover and pulse until evenly chopped. A blend of1/4" to 1/8" sized pieces works best. Empty into a medium sized bowl.
2. Place half of the cranberries at a time into the food processor and once again pulse until chopped evenly. Empty into the bowl.
3. Add the chopped ginger to the bowl and mix.
4. Add a little at a time and mix to your level of sweetness. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving so flavors blend.
5. Serve as a side with Thanksgiving dinner.
* This recipe traditionally calls for 1 cup of sugar (Yikes!), but substituting with Truvia for Baking cuts the sugar by 75%. You can also use pure Stevia, but know that Stevia is intensely sweet and you will need very little.
Enjoy this sweet-tart, nutritious treat!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook